The Affordability, Efficacy & Outreach Of Social Media Make It Integral In Affiliate Marketing
More than 30% of the world’s population is on social networks. Facebook is trying to surpass India’s billion plus population and would then perhaps target China’s population. Other social networks and social media platforms like Google Plus, Twitter, Plurk and several regional social networks such as the one in China, Weibo, and many others in Russia and South America have virtually created the largest province in the worldwide web.
Reaching out to a massive audience has never been simpler. There is a completely new definition of mass media. Television, radio and print media would certainly remain to be an integral part but electronic media has become the most compelling force in the world today. Print ads, billboards, advertisements on the local or national radio and producing commercials for television broadcasting were the primary tools of marketing and advertising. Small to medium businesses didn’t have much opportunity to make such lump sum investments but larger corporations surely benefited a lot. Social media marketing is not only affordable but also doable and that opens up the floodgates for any business to reach out to millions of potential customers and sell any product or service.
In other words, the affordability, efficacy and outreach of social media make it integral in affiliate marketing.
A Facebook Fan Page, Twitter account, using LinkedIn for professional networking, Google Plus to get people aware of a certain brand and also to gain the SEO advantages of the social network corresponding to search results on Google and many other simple steps can provide significant leverage to any affiliate marketing strategy. Seeking a few thousand people to follow a profile on Twitter, promoting certain products or launching specials on Facebook and Google Plus, trying to acquire resellers and distributors on LinkedIn and combing all the initiatives to enhance the brand’s outreach is simple, very affordable and effective.
Almost every company or celebrity that is on social networks is primarily there to promote their businesses or popularity respectively. Out of the entire billion plus people who are very active on social networks, more than 95% of the users are consumers or sharers of information. They do not create news, promotions or initiate anything. They simply consume all the information, promotions and news that are shared with them by the remaining less than 5%. Capitalizing on social networks to create more brand awareness, to sell products and services, to grow one’s business and to carry out PR activities and customer service, can offer the much needed firepower any affiliate marketing strategy needs.